The City of Horace provides Water and Sewer treatment services to residents. Some areas of Horace get water service from Cass Rural Water. Residents are billed separately from Cass Rural Water for their service and you will receive a quarterly bill from the City of Horace for trash pick-up service.
If your residence receives water from the City of Horace, your city utility bill will include the monthly cost of service for Water, Sewer, and Trash/Recycling pick-up. Please read your water meter and note the current gallon reading on the monthly bill before returning with your payment. Call City Hall for any billing address changes by the 15th of each month. If you do not read and update your water meter, you will be charged for the maximum water usage and your bill will be $56.50 per month.
Utility Bill Drop Off Locations
Bills due on 25th of each month.
- City Hall
215 Park Drive E
Horace, ND 58047
- Casey's General Store
112 Main Street N
Horace, ND 58047
Monthly Utility Rates
- Garbage: $15.62 with extra tote adding $10.33. Rural residents are billed $58.56 on a quarterly basis
- Recycling: $3.90 with extra tote at no additional cost.
- Sewer: $9.50 for first 4,000 gallons and $0.85 per additional 1000 gallons used. Maximum of 10,000 gallons.
- Surcharge: $15.20 for Water tower and lagoon maintenance
- Water: $6 for first 4,000 gallons and $1.00 per additional 1000 gallons used.
If your meter is malfunctioning or is not reading properly, please contact the City Hall at 701-492-2972 to schedule a time to troubleshoot.
Garbage & Recycling Collection Service
Garbage and recycling collection service is provided to Horace residents by Waste Management.
- For new residents, call Horace City Hall to request garbage collection at 701-492-2972.
- Current residents, issues with the tote or missed service, call the local Waste Management office 701-277-0714. If no one answers, leave a message. Make sure to provide your "service address" as that is how Waste Management identifies your residence. Do not use a PO box address.
Moving Out of Horace?
We are sorry you are leaving our community. Please contact City Hall to let us know the date when service should be terminated. Please contact us via phone or email to provide:
- Forwarding address information
- Closing / moving dates
- New owners names