Trees. They clean our air, filter our water, and slow storm surge and flooding in our cities. There seems to be an often-overlooked fact, however, that the very sight of a tree-lined street can be breathtaking and even offer comfort and serenity as the sun glistens across the dancing leaves.
The goal of our growing city is to become more beautiful with age. We implemented the Boulevard Tree Program to help reach this goal. Through this program, property owners can apply for trees to be planted by the City of Horace.
The Boulevard Tree Program will ensure that our ever-expanding footprint will be green, and we hope that you, our homeowner, will take advantage of this opportunity. Your participation will contribute to your city growing old gracefully.
The 2024 Boulevard Tree Program will offer a variety of trees to homeowners to help beautify our city. Homeowners may choose from various species available to residents. These trees are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to supply shortages, we cannot guarantee that residents will get the exact types of trees they select, however, we will do our best to accommodate requests. Once the trees in this year’s allotment are spoken for, applicants will be placed on a waiting list for the following year.
To participate, homeowners can complete our online application visiting found below. The application deadline for 2024 is April 1, with payment due May 15, 2024.
The Boulevard Tree Program
Please keep in mind that although you are able to indicate your preferred trees, there is no guarantee that you will receive the trees you prefer.
- This is a first come, first served program.
- Your application is due on April 1st, 2024.
- Due to availability, there is no guarantee that you will receive the tree you prefer.
- Trees will be planted by Public Works employees.
- Property owners are expected to water and maintain planted trees. We recommend to purchase a 20-gallon tree watering bag at your favorite home improvement store or nursery.
- We will only plant trees in boulevards, not on private property (such as front or back yards).
- The City of Horace is not responsible for sprinkler system repairs if damage occurs.
- $75 for the first tree in front of house on the boulevard.
- $250 for the second tree in the front on the boulevard.
- $75 per tree on end lots with a side boulevard.
- No retroactive approach.
- Trees will need to be paid by May 15, 2024, before the City will plant your trees. If not paid by the date, the requested trees will be available to those on a waiting list.
- $250 deposit per tree required to be compliant with the City of Horace Boulevard Tree Ordinance, paid by your builder.
- Property owners have one year from Certificate of Occupancy's date to plant tree.
- If the tree is not planted, the $250 deposit will be retained and the City will plant the trees
Then, create an account and complete the application that is specific to your
home: "Homes Built Before 2023" or "Homes Built After 2023."
|Boulevard Tree Program APPLICATION.
Please note that the application deadline for the
2024 planting season will be April 1, 2024.
Need help? Click here for the