BUILDING PERMITS and INSPECTIONS
The Building Inspections department was created to verify code and ordinance compliance to safeguard the public health, safety, and general welfare. Their work includes plan reviews, administering permits, inspecting buildings and remodels, change of use and occupancy, removal and demolition of buildings / structures, and a variety of other construction related items.
To apply for a permit or check on your permit status, please go to the online permit page to make an account and receive updates on your permit process and inspections.
To request and inspection please call the City Hall at (701) 492-2972. Please make sure to allow a reasonable amount of time when requesting for inspections to be conducted.
Permit Applications are available on the online permit page:
- Building Permits
- Land Use Building Permits (Fences and Signs)
- Right-of-Way Permits
Additional Building Permit Information
- North Dakota State Plumbing Board
- North Dakota State Electrical Board
- Horace Rural Fire Protection District
- Cass County Public Health (On-Site Sewage Treatment Systems)
- North Dakota Building Codes
- North Dakota Department of Environmental Quality