The City of Horace Municipal Court has jurisdiction over violations of Horace city ordinances. These include class B misdemeanors, infractions and traffic violations that occur within the City of Horace.

The Honorable Jessica Chomitzky presides over the court proceedings at the City of Horace Municipal Court. It is Judge Chomitzky's desire to serve her community by upholding the law and ensuring citizens have an independent, fair, impartial venue to resolve disputes.

Frequently Asked Questions: Horace Municipal Court

How do I pay for my ticket?

There are multiple ways to pay for your tickets. Choose one of the following options to pay your ticket on time:

  • Online at
  • Put it in the drop box at City Hall
  • Put it in the drop box at Casey's
  • Mail your payment to:

    PO Box 99
    Horace, ND 58047                
What is the contact information for mailing items to the Municipal Court?

PO Box 99
Horace, ND 58047
Who do I contact about a ticket I received in Horace?

City Hall can be reached at (701) 492-2972 or in person at 215 Park Dr East, Horace, ND.
Do you accept credit / debit cards for payments of fines?

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. 

Fines may be paid in person or online at

Cash, check or money order are also accepted.
I was arrested for a DUI in the City of Horace. How can I find out the results of my Blood Alcohol Test?

State Attorney: 
Birch P. Burdick
Location: Cass County Courthouse - 211 9th St S, Fargo, ND 58103
Phone: (701) 241-5850
Fax: (701) 241-5838
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Where do I inquire about points on my driver's license or suspension of my driving privileges?

Assessment of points and suspension of driving privileges are administrative actions taken by the Driver's License and Traffic Safety Division of the North Dakota Department of Transportation at or contact the state your license was issued in to discuss your options.
How do I get a driver's license in North Dakota?

Contact the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) at (701) 239-8940 to set up an appointment.

The NDDOT office in Fargo is in the Village West Strip Mall at 4101 13th Ave S, Fargo, ND.
Where can I renew my vehicle license tabs?

Vehicle license tabs can be renewed at the Office of Motor Vehicle Division.

The Fargo Branch is located at 855 45th St S. 

They can also be renewed online at the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) website.
Where do I pay a traffic ticket if I didn't receive the ticket in the city limits of Horace?

Clerk of District Court
Cass County Courthouse
211 9th St S
PO Box 2806
Fargo, ND 58108-2806
I was charged with a Felony or Class A Misdemeanor in Horace. Who do I call for information on my case?

Contact the Cass County Clerk of District Court at (701) 451-6924.
I need information about a civil case in Cass County. Where can I get it?

For questions involving small claims, mental health, probate, child support, guardianship or divorce that occurred in Cass County, contact the Cass County Clerk of District Court at (701) 451-6924.
Where can I obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate?

If the birth / death occurred in North Dakota, contact the North Dakota Division of Vital Records in Bismarck at (701) 328-2360 for either one or visit
How can I obtain a marriage license in North Dakota?

The following link has full instructions on obtaining a marriage license in the state of North Dakota:

If you are getting married in a different state or country, the marriage license must be acquired at the location the wedding will take place.
My child received a violation at the West Fargo Public School in Horace. Where do I pay it and how long do I have to pay from the date of the violation?

Tickets written at any of the WF Public Schools that are located in Horace are to be paid to the City of Horace, not West Fargo.
Tickets must be paid within 14 days after receiving the violation.