YARD WASTE COLLECTION SITE
The City of Horace offers its residents a yard waste collection site for organic materials. Residents are welcome to bring their brush, branches and other organic materials to the site for easy disposal. Please follow the list of guidelines below when using the yard waste collection site.
The City is working on an alternative solution to processing yard waste that includes composting and chipping branches and wood. The City welcomes feedback regarding yard waste processing that can benefit Horace rather than sending material to the landfill.
The yard waste collection site is located at 600 Park Dr. E. in Horace.
Questions can be directed to (701) 492-2972.
The dumpsters are NOT for resident trash.
Do not place anything other than yard waste in these receptacles.
Yard Waste Collection Site Information
600 Park Dr E
Horace, ND 58047
Follow these guidelines to avoid violation fines:
- Bundle and tie brush into 4-foot lengths. Yard waste is accepted in the compost dumpster south of Park Drive East on the west side of the lagoons.
- Branches larger than 4" in diameter or longer than 4' are not accepted. DO NOT deposit tree logs or stumps in the dumpster.
- This site is for organic yard material only. DO NOT place dirt or concrete chunks, rocks, bricks, or any other garbage in the dumpster.
- DO NOT place yard waste on the ground around the dumpster or in front of the gate. This requires extra effort to clean up.
- DO NOT dispose of plastic bags in the compost dumpster.
Violators will be fined for dumping unacceptable items.
Commercial lawn care companies or tree services cannot dump in the yard waste area.
Commercial violators will be fined for unauthorized dumping.