Elections & Voting
VOTING In Horace
For a variety of voting information, visit the Cass County election information website or call the Cass County Auditor's Office at (701) 241-5600. To vote in a City of Horace election, you must be a city resident for at least 30 days prior to the election. You must also be at least 18 years old, a North Dakota resident, and a citizen of the United States.
There is no formal voter registration process in North Dakota. To vote, simply go to your designated precinct and present an accepted form of identification. Elections in Horace are administered by the Cass County Auditor's office. Obtain information on absentee voting or where to vote or by filling out the e-mail contact form on the Cass County website or by calling (701) 241-5600
Running for City Office
A person shall be eligible to hold an elective city office if that person is a qualified voter of the city and has been a resident of the city for at least 9 months preceding the election. A person shall be eligible to hold an appointive city office if he or she is a citizen of the United States. (NDCC § 40-13-01).
Upcoming Recall Election
The recall election will take place on Tuesday, August 15th, 2023 at Horace Fire hall Event Center located 413 Main Street from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
More information will follow as they become available.
Any qualified voter of Cass County is eligible to vote absentee in any county-wide election. A resident may apply for an absentee ballot at any time during the calendar year. Please keep in mind that this application is only valid for the calendar year in which you apply.
An application for an absentee ballot may be obtained at the county finance office, can be downloaded and printed off this website, or you can go to the Secretary of State's website and use the Absentee Ballot Application Wizard.
Cass County Voters must return their completed application to the Cass County Finance Office:
- Mail: PO BOX 2806, Fargo ND 58108-2806
- Secure Dropbox outside the Courthouse: 211 9th Street South, Fargo - dropbox is located on the eastern side of the building. Please put the absentee ballot application into an envelope labeled "Finance Office" and provide your name and contact details on the envelope before submitting it into the drop box.
- Fax: 701-241-5728.
Ballots will become available 40 days before the election. Voted Ballots must be postmarked back to the Finance Office no later than the day before Election Day.
Please visit the North Dakota Secretary of State for more information about Absentee Voting requirements.
Absentee Voting Applications and Publications
- Online Absent Voters Ballot Application Tool
- Absent Voter's Ballot Application (SFN 51468)
- For a form used when the voter wants a friend or family member to deliver their application and ballot to and from the county finance office - Absent Voter's Ballot Application - Agent Authorization (SFN 53933)
College and Military Voters
- College Student Voters
- Uniformed Service Members Stationed Away from Home
- ND Residents Living Outside the United States